Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Flacson or Watch - if you would prefer - 2008 Recap

It is 2009 if you didn't realize that yet…2009, wow! There is only one more year until the 10's, wow. There is so much to be excited about this year. First and foremost (people who use the word foremost sound semi-intellectual) we have a new President – WOW! We also have the next Harry Potter film in the near future, that is definitely a plus. I bought some stock in Ford and it will either bottom out, or make me some extra pocket change. Keep an eye on the NYSE. Lastly, Lost is almost back on the airways, thank goodness for tv. I always enjoy the year in review type documents so I thought I would create one of my own. Here is what Watson and Flach were up to in 08:

January – Megan begins her new job at Wright State University, goodbye commute, hello extra gas money! We also went to the Reba McEntire and Kelly Clarkson concert at the Nutter Center. I have to admit I wasn’t feeling the Reba / Kelly combo, but it was a great show!

February – I made my way to the state of New York with the men’s basketball team. Have you ever heard of Olean? Most people haven’t and don’t waste your time traveling there…thankfully we beat St. Bonaventure.

March – I was back in Atlantic City for the A-10 Men’s Basketball Tournament. Unfortunately I was horribly sick, missed my flight, took a later flight, forgot to change my car rental, couldn’t get a car and was stuck in Philly! I was rescued by my friend Shane and then we went on to make big bucks off blackjack and craps. This year the team needs to win more than the first game!

April – Drove to Syracuse in our $11.00 rental car yo! We went to meet Megan’s extended family. Fun times had by all; even Shylo enjoyed the trip. Megan turned 30 and I threw her a “surprise” birthday party – see previous post to learn the details. We also saw Avenue Q – a MUST see!

May – Vacation time! We went to Asheville and Myrtle Beach. Again, see previous post for details.

June – Attended the Memorial Golf Tournament in Dublin, Ohio. Our national convention was held in Kansas City and this was a first for me in this city. We also spent a weekend in Columbus, Ohio for ComFest (again, see a previous post).

July – We had a family party at my Grandma’s lake house (Candlewood) for the 4th of July and I also turned 32. The fun event for the month was a Jimmy Buffett concert in Indy.

August – School began for me, but Megan had a little more time due to being on quarters. Dang that quarter system. We went to Columbus to see OAR in concert. The band is still awesome after all these years, but we felt OLD compared to the 18 year olds running around throwing up from too much alcohol.

September – A CRAZY month. Begins with a trip home to Chicago for Septemberfest (see earlier post) and ends with a visit from Nathan and his son Connor. In between all that, there was the Dayton Blackout from the wind storm created by Ike and a trip to Columbus to see Megan’s favorite comedian Brian Regan.

October – may have been the busiest month for us. We saw Indigo Girls in Columbus (do you sense a them, concerts and travel). This was also my 10 year college reunion where there were a whopping 12 of us in the photo. We visited my brother in Colorado, went to St. Louis for a family party and capped the month off with the So You Think You Can Dance tour in Columbus.

November – My aunt got tickets to the OSU v Michigan football game and we had seats on the 50 yard line! I also got to travel home to Chicago with the men’s basketball team for the Chicago Tournament – which we won by the way!! Megan went home to St. Louis with Shylo and the two cats. She is a saint.

December – I traveled to Penn State with Women’s Basketball on a sleeper bus. That was an experience, but I got to see my good friend Sandy! Then Megan and I rented a 13 dolla rental yo! This was our ride for Christmas and we put 1800 miles on the little car. The month was capped off by a visit from Gina!

I feel pretty good about 2008. Now the big deal for 2009 is that I will be finishing my masters after 11 years of classes – get ready for the PAR-TAY. I should be wiser, richer and hopefully slimmer (08 put on the pounds, this year's theme is fine in 09)!

1 comment:

flakaroni said...

Finally getting around to reading this...yes, yes, fine in 09 for us all! Good luck with all your busy plans this year. Keep the pictures coming!