The plan was perfect in my opinion. Megan and myself, along with two of my basketball players, were attending Avenue Q in Columbus that afternoon. During the time we were driving back, everyone would show up at the house and be there when we returned. The only problem was the preparation. Little did I know that preparation is a monster task when the person that is being "suprised" does not understand why the house needs to be so clean, or why it should finally be time to put up some curtains, or why I was a stress case the whole week. I made a quick decision to tell Megan that my friend Gina was going to visit that weekend and bring another friend of ours named Mindy. Here is a pic of Gina, Mindy and Megan's brother Alex.
Another fun part of suprising someone is making sure you show up at the destination at the exact right moment....too early and there is no suprise, too late and people are ready to go home. In order to accomplish this task I had to create a small, white lie. A quick, or rather long, 20 minute bathroom stop occured only 5 minutes from our house! Whatever it takes, right.
I am going to pat myself on the back here though and say it was a great success! There were about 20-25 people there throughout the night, and good fun was had by all. We even put the party on wheels and ventured out to a couple of bars after hours. Hopefully it was a 30th birthday she will always remember! Here are a couple of photo's from the festivities.
No comments:
Post a Comment