



This post is taken straight from Megan's blog. To be quite honest I can't remember much of the day other than that it was a wonderful blur! So word for word, here is Megan's version....I STRESS Megan's VERSION. For all I know, half of this is made up nonesense.
For those of you who could not make it to the wedding, here is the synopsis of what happened:
6:45 p.m.: After downing a bacardi and coke courtesy of Amber, I realize I should finish getting ready so I can get upstairs and not be late to my own wedding.
6:55 p.m.: Amber and I walk up to the patio where we are getting married. No one is up there yet but then Amber whispers loudly that Beth is coming. Okay, so we weren't really good at that whole "don't see each other all day" thing. We kind of had to. But this was the first time we were seeing each other all dressed up. Beth has already been crying. Haha. I only laugh because how ironic that I am not the one crying.
7:00 p.m.: Sherrice is the first one upstairs. Then my parents show up. We decide that we don't want everyone seeing us so we try getting on the elevator to go downstairs to hide. The elevator opens and Beth's best friend Gina is standing there crying. We hug her and head downstairs. The elevator opens and we see four more people we know. They also cry. We hide in the bathroom for a few minutes and then realize this is stupid. We exit the bathroom and run into beth's parents and family. They have the flowers.
7:10 p.m.: I start to put a flower on my dad's lapel. I then grab my mom's corsage (sp?) and go to put it on her. She is wearing a watch that one would probably wear while exercizing. I instruct my mom to take it off and give it to dad. LORD! I put her flower on her wrist.
7:30ish: Shelly, Beth's longtime friend, gets us to go take pictures. The sun is setting and the sky is gorgeous. I feel like the paparazzi is taking pictures because of all the clicks and flashes. There are at least 50 pictures of us with the sunset. The music we have selected starts to play.
In Your Arms - Hollie Smith
7:50ish: Beth's brothers, Joel and Brian, and my brother Alex and cousins Derek and Micah walk down the aisle to sit down to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by IZ.
7:52ish: Beth walks first down the aisle with her parents, then I walk down with my parents to Josh Groban's version of Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring.Beth and I turn to face our friends and family.
Jack, who is officiating the ceremony, starts reading to everyone and flashes are going off like crazy. I can't stop smiling. it's crazy to look around and see all these people we know.So Jack says some stuff and we say some stuff and we get to the unity candle. we have a friend of ours, Jamie, sing a song she wrote that is just so pretty. While this is playing, everyone is supposed to light candles from the person sitting next to them. Well, it's really windy out. people are struggling to light their candles and keep them lit. It's hilarious. I start laughing. So before and after this, we have Tami and Beth's friend Leslie read some things that we picked out. After the song, beth and i are supposed to light two candles off of our parent's candles. Of course it is so windy, though, that we can't light anything. So we pretend to light the unity candle and then Tami's next line is something like "your light will not go out" and EVERYONE bursts out laughing.
Then Jack had us read some more stuff (about how we're going to love each other and stuff) which was cool because each of us said something different. Then we read our own vows. I held it together through Beth's vows to me but when I started reading mine to her, I cried. But I think I did pretty good. However, I was holding my flowers and trying to read and I kept bringing my flowers too high up and they were getting in front of my face. Beth finally reached out and pushed my arm down so people could see my face.So we finally got to the end, and Jack says "By the power vested in me by...Beth and Megan...I present to you, Beth and Megan." And everyone cheered! It was great. Our walkout song was Stevie Wonder's "Signed, Sealed, Delivered."
The reception was at this restaurant. It was only a few hours but very fun. Beth's dad did a GREAT powerpoint of pictures of us...so good and so funny. Our brothers all gave speeches. Alex was so nervous, he barely got anything out but he was so sweet and was crying. Beth's brother's were funny, doing impressions of Beth, of their church pastor, and more. Joel's best line was talking about how Beth played on a baseball team when she was little and was the only girl...he said, "I should have known back then...." haha. All in all, a GREAT time.
1 comment:
Megan pretty much nailed it out of the gate. I have only one thing to add. It is hard to describe how wonderful, magical, joyous, delightful the whole event was. I feel blessed that I was lucky enough to be there to see it all.
My love to the both of you and your families.
If you start to forget, just ring the bell.....
love, jeff
btw, I brought 50 pounds of frozen salmon fillets back from alaska...when are you coming over for the cookout???!! 8-)
Post a Comment